WHEN TO STAY HOME?
Students, staff and visitors should stay home and contact a health care provider if;
- They are sick.
- They have had close contact with a positive COVID 19 case.
- They have tested positive for or are showing symptoms of COVID-19.
SCREENING AND ISOLATION
- All students will be screened at the beginning of the study period before they access the institute facilities.
- All students and staff will be screened at the gate on a daily basis.
- Those suspected to be having COVID 19 will be isolated and handed over to the Mildmay hospital team for further investigation. The institute nurse will contact the students’ care givers to facilitate the Covid test and treatment.
- All positive cases will be referred to Entebbe hospital or a designated facility
- All close contacts to the positive case will be handed over to Mildmay hospital for testing. Those with negative results will be quarantined for 14 days in a designated quarantine center at the main site or sent home under strict precautions.
- Contacts with negative test results should report any symptoms that may arise during the quarantine period and another Covid test done immediately. If the negative contact does not develop any symptoms during the 14 days, they will be discharged and no additional test will be required.
- Contacts with positive test results will be referred to Entebbe hospital or a designated health facility
- Each hostel will have a well-equipped self-contained isolation room to temporarily hold Covid cases before transfer to a designated treatment center or home.
HAND HYGIENE AND RESPIRATORY ETIQUETTE
Students, staff and visitors should;
- Make use of hand hygiene facilities placed at all gates, offices and classrooms.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Wet hands with water, apply soap and scrub for at least 20 seconds, rinse and dry.
- Possess pocket sanitizers to clean hands frequently.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissue or use the inside of the elbow. Used tissues should be thrown in a waste bin and hands washed immediately.
- Face masks are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected.
- All students, staff and visitors should wear masks.
- Perform hand hygiene before wearing the mask.
- The mask should cover the nose and mouth all the way to the chin.
- Avoid touching the mask or wash hands immediately, if the mask is touched.
- To remove the mask, hold the straps and dispose it off or wash and iron it if reusable. Do not reuse disposable masks.
CLASSROOM UTILIZATION AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
Students and staff should;
- Wash hands before and after occupying classrooms
- Keep a social distance all the time and maintain the capacity allocated for each room
- Occupy classrooms allocated for their study period and avoid visiting other rooms
- Keep windows and doors open during all classroom sessions.