Personnel Profile Description
Florence Katasi is the District Community Development Officer (Head of Community Based Services Department), Luwero District Local Government. Florence Katasi is also secretary to the District NGO Monitoring Committtee and member of the : District Top Management Committee, COVID 19 DistrictTask force, District Technical Planning Committee, District HIV/AIDS Committtee & Physical Planning Committee
I am a Social Development practitioner with over fifteen years of experience. My career has led me to specialize increasingly in mobilizing and building capacity for the communities to plan, implement, and evaluate activities designed to improve the communities’ social and economic wellbeing.
As a District Community Development Officer, I have engaged the community to come up with locally valued solutions knowing very well that people are the experts in their own lives. Using simple visual tools like bean counter, causal impact diagrams and strategic questioning, and use of community maps the local people have been equipped with skills and guidance to work as equal partners with agencies, service providers and stakeholders.
Other Assignments Accomplished
- Lead trainer for RTI under JOURNEYS (Stopping Violence against Children in Schools) and JOURNEYS PLUS (School based HIV/AIDS and violence prevention interventions).
- Hired as a consultant by Catholic Relief Services to train SOCY project staff from the Western region of Uganda on the JOURNEYS programme.
- Hired as a consultant by PACE to orient Community Facilitators and Master Trainers on the Journeys Plus curriculum.
- Hired as a consultant by Watoto Child Care Ministries to train their caregivers (mothers & nannies) on Early Childhood Development.
- Hired by Fields of Life to train various community structures on gender and GBV.
Katasi F. (2014). “Assessing the Contribution of NGOs to the Creation of Youth Employment Opportunities in Luwero District. A case study of Plan International in Katikamu Sub County.” A dissertation. Researcher.
“Gender Analysis study” by FAO under the Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA+) project - Enumerator
- Member of the Governing Council (Representative of the Alumuni) for Mild May Institute of Health Sciences
- Head of the Ushering Team at Miracle Christian Fellowship Church