Welcome to our school of Medical Laboratory Technology.
The school develops students’ competencies in both contemporary and conventional investigative and diagnostic laboratory practice preparing them to meet the increasing demand for Medical Laboratory services, research and education in Africa.
In addition to national curricula, students undertake the “Mildmay Unique Graduate Course”. This is an in-house programme specifically designed to develop students’ competencies in Quality Laboratory Management Systems, Communication, Comprehensive HIV Care and Management and Business Leadership. It is intended to address critical needs in the work-place and to prepare students as future leaders in the Medical Laboratory field.
The school is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Sports, recognised by the National Council of Higher Education and regulated and supervised by the Uganda Allied Health Professionals Council (AHPC). It is a registered Examination Centre for the Uganda Allied Health Examinations Board (UAHEB).
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
For Direct entrants
- A principal pass in either Biology or Chemistry and a subsidiary pass in either of the 2 plus any other science subsidiary pass obtained in A' level at the same sitting, plus
- Five passes at O’ level in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Language obtained at the same sitting.
- A Certificate Holder in any Health related programme (Nursing, Midwifery, Environmental Health etc…) registered by a relevant professional body, plus,
- Five passes at O’ level in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Language obtained at the same sitting, and
- A practicing license from the relevant professional body.
Minimum requirements for a Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Five passes at O’level in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Language obtained at the same sitting.
Medical Laboratory Professionals can progress through 5 levels of academic qualifications as indicated below;
Academic Programmes in this School
|Program Name or Title||About Programme|
|Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology||
|Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology||
For Direct entrants